Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Little Boy's Wish

Last week I decided to make an attempt at a new job/chore system. (I'm not very good at enforcing the completion of jobs everyday). So I printed some cards with jobs and pictures. The cards were very general and included some that we probably won't use. (Feed fish, clean fish tank, pay bills...Who has "pay bills" as a job for kids?)  It was very exciting and our four year old asked our seven year old what the words said. I only heard some of the conversation but I did pick up on these two things:

Four year old: "What's this one?" (It had a picture of a snow shovel).

Seven year old: "It says shovel snow."

"It's not snowing!" (It was a nice September afternoon).

And,

"What's this one?" (It had a picture of an excited looking dog with a leash).

"It says walk the dog."

"WE HAVE A DOG?!"

He was so excited and so sincere. I laughed for a long time.
Someday, maybe.




No comments:

Post a Comment