Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spring Break


Goblin Valley. Life-sized maze and Hide-and-go-Seek Haven.



Bored, waiting for something to happen.
Something didn't happen so laying down on the
 dusty red rock seemed like a nice option.

Goblin Valley was a fun place to explore,
especially with three cousins who came on the trip.


This is a really neat slot canyon that was easy to hike.
We made it without much incident  and seven children! Amazing.
Well, until the cut finger and the emergency bathroom incident.
 But we made due with an old receipt, an empty cheese stick wrapper
(thanks, Aunt H, for having them in your pocket)
 and a fast hike to the outhouse and/or bushes.

An old and neat looking tree.

Hiking, rocks and cousins. Great combination.

Capitol Reef National Park

Standing in front of an old school

The old rock by the old school that bears the name of the town
and people's names who once lived there.

We hiked some neat trails. Lots of rocks made it especially neat.



Manti Temple

The school my grandpa went to in Fairview.

The house where he grew up.


I
We drove home through a lot of small towns and on roads I've never seen. I'm always amazed how many places I've never seen, just driven past. It took longer to drive but was more interesting than the interstate.

1 comment:

  1. I've never made it to Goblin Valley, but it looks like fun. I absolutely LOVE it when we take the back roads. Best part of any trip.

    ReplyDelete