Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bad Tooth Fairy

I admit it. I make a really bad tooth fairy. On multiple occasions I have forgotten that someone's tooth has fallen out earlier in the day, laid my head on my pillow and fallen asleep without putting the much anticipated, hard-earned money under said person's pillow. Then in the morning the person is sadly sitting on their bed, head hanging, with the tooth in their hand...and no tooth fairy money. The last episode ended in a conversation that went something like this: "I know you're the tooth fairy mom. Maybe you were really busy. Maybe the tooth fairy will come while I am at school." Well in the end the tooth fairy remembered late the next night.
Who came up with the idea of a fairy flying around putting money under your pillow in exchange for a tooth anyway? That person should be in charge of remembering every time one of your kids' teeth fall out.
In some part of Africa the tradition for a first lost tooth is to give the person a chicken to take care of. Think of how useful a chicken would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment